The Commitment of Gates County’s Elementary Education is to educate the whole child while providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes a passion for lifelong learning,respect for self and others, and an appreciation for individual differences.
We believe that:
- Every child can and will succeed.
- All children deserve the opportunity to think, dream, believe, and achieve.
- The school, home, and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
- Students are most involved when they participate in decisions that affect them.
- Differences in learning styles exist, therefore: students have the right to learn in a way that brings them personal success.
- Students must be assessed in a variety of ways to demonstrate their achievement.
~The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.~