GCHS Summer School 2021
Dear Red Baron Parent and Student,
Gates County High School will be holding face-to-face summer credit recovery sessions and based on your final grades you are in need of a recovery credit(s). The session dates and times are as follows:
DATES: June 14 through July 30 (Monday – Friday); No school the week of July 5-8
TIMES: Monday thru Thursday 8:00 am - 3:15 pm; Friday 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
LOCATION: Gates County High School
During this time, students will be offered the opportunity to recover a credit(s). Credit recovery is defined by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction as a block of instruction that is less than the entire course and is designed to address student deficiencies in the mastery of course objectives. The guidelines for recovery credit are addressed in the North Carolina State School Board Policy, Globally Competitive Students GCS-M-001.
Please remember the following regarding your participation:
- Transportation will be provided to and from the school.
- Attendance is required for all sessions in order to complete the recovery credit. Students are allowed 2 absences during summer school. Any absences above 2 must be pre-approved by the administration at GCHS.
- Meals will be provided free of charge by the Department of School Nutrition.
- Curriculum delivery will be online or a blend of teacher-led instruction and online.
- The credit recovery course must be completed by July 29 at 60 percent or above proficiency in order for the student to receive the recovery credit.
- Successful recovery credit will be added to the student’s transcript and considered when applying promotion standards for the 2020-21 school year.
Please complete the online form at the link provided (https://forms.gle/enwqafwnFBeS5mno7) to indicate your student’s participation in the summer recovery program. If you have questions regarding this opportunity, please contact the front office at (252) 357-0720, Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.